What are dental implants?
Dental implants are one of the best options to replace a missing tooth or set of teeth. Dental implants can be placed in the area where natural teeth used to be and act as artificial roots.
How are dental implants inserted?
After implants are placed in the jaw, time is allowed for the bone to heal. Once they are strong enough to support a patients’ natural chewing forces, our Dentists will restore the implants with crowns or can attach a denture to the implants.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Our Dentists and an Oral Surgeon will decide if a patient is a good candidate to have implants placed, based upon the patients’ medical history, oral hygiene, and availability of adequate bone, that being said, patients who do receive dental implants are given specific instructions for care and can expect great long term success if maintained properly.
A few benefits of receiving dental implants include:
- After a dental implant is finished and has properly healed, it is just as strong as your other teeth. You can go back to eating all the foods you love without any discomfort or worry.
- Implants are very aesthetically pleasing, most look like a normal tooth inside your mouth.
- In some cases, dental implants can replace removable devices. In these cases patients no longer have to worry about removing, cleaning, losing, or not being to chew as well with these removable devices.
How much do dental implants cost?
There are a number of factors that affect dental implant cost. Dental implants require both an implant and a crown, bridge, or denture to be placed on the surface. The cost of dental implants rely on a number of factors regarding both of these procedures:
- The quality and location of the bone that is going to be used for an implant.
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced with dental implants.
- The type of teeth that are going to be used as replacements: crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- The type and size of the appropriate dental implants to use.
While all of these factors play significant roles in the dental implant cost, we can tell you that our Dentists want nothing but the best for you and your mouth. Our Dentists work closely with you to help figure out the best plan for you as an individual and your specific needs.